Apple’s FaceTime video calls allow you to share your screen on a computer or mobile device.
- You can share your screen on FaceTime while you’re on a call with other people.
- To share your screen, everyone needs to have iOS or iPadOS 15.1 or MacOS 12.1 or later.
- To share your screen from an iPhone or iPad, tap the Share Content button at the top of the screen, then Share My Screen.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Thanks to screen sharing in FaceTime, anyone using Apple’s video calling app can let everyone else see what’s on their display. You can share almost anything, including a photo, webpage, or another app.
Quick tip: In order to share a screen, everyone on the call needs to be running iOS or iPadOS 15.1 or later or a Mac running MacOS Monterey 12.1 or later.
How to share your screen in FaceTime on an iPhone or iPad
1. Start a FaceTime call.
2. When you are ready to share your screen, tap the Share Content button at the top of the screen.
3. Tap Share My Screen. You’ll see a short countdown and then your screen will be shared.
Use the Share Content button to start screen sharing.
4. Other participants on the call should tap Open next to Join Screen Sharing to see what you are sharing.
5. You can now display any app or content you like. Everyone will now be able to see whatever you see on your iPhone or iPad, with one major caveat: You can’t share any content that requires a subscription or purchase (including free trials).
To end your screen sharing session, tap the Share Content button again.
How to share your screen in FaceTime on a Mac
In order to share your screen in FaceTime, you need to be running MacOS Monterey 12.1 or later, and all the participants need to be running MacOS 12.1 or later or iOS or iPadOS 15.1 or later.
1. Start a FaceTime call on your Mac.
2. During the call, open an app that you want to share on the call.
3. In the menu bar, click the FaceTime button and then click the Screen Share button.
Now choose how you want to share. In the pop-up window, select Window or Screen depending upon whether you want to share a specific app window or the entire screen.
- Share the app window: Select Window, move the mouse pointer to the app you want to show, and then click Share This Window.
- Share the entire screen: Select Screen, then move the mouse pointer anywhere on the screen and choose Share This Screen.
To end your sharing session, click the FaceTime button in the menu bar and then click Stop Sharing.