When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Amazon Prime Day 2022 is officially on — and if there’s one thing that Amazon loves to do on Prime Day, it’s selling its own devices at the lowest prices of all time. This makes it a great time to shop for Fire TV streaming devices.
Amazon’s Fire TV lineup takes care of all your streaming needs, providing easy access to popular streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, TV shows, hit movies, and more. The Fire TV Stick 4K Max is one of our favorite streaming devices and you can find it for $20 off right now.
To take advantage of Amazon’s exclusive Prime Day offers, you need an Amazon Prime membership. The subscription costs $139 a year or $14.99 a month and new members can try it out with a 30-day free trial. For more savings, check out these Prime Day deals under $25.
Best Fire TV Stick Prime Day deals
Best Fire TV Cube Prime Day deals
Best Fire TV smart TV deals
Amazon Fire TV FAQs
Which Fire TV should I buy in 2022?
Amazon uses the term “Fire TV” to describe a lot of different devices but the one thing they all have in common is that they let you stream movies, TV shows, and more. Here’s a rundown of the major Fire TV products:
- Fire TV streaming devices: These include the Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, and the Fire TV Cube. These products connect to your existing TV and give you access to popular streaming services through the Fire TV interface. Most models also include an Alexa-enabled remote with voice controls.
- Fire TV smart TVs: Amazon’s Fire TV Edition displays are televisions that already have the Fire TV system built-in. You don’t need a standalone Fire TV stick or cube — you just need to turn on the TV to find your streaming channels. You can find Fire TV smart TVs in lots of different screen sizes, and some even offer 4K UHD screen quality. They almost all come with an Alexa-enabled remote for voice controls.
If you already have a 4K TV, we think the Fire TV Stick 4K Max is the best option of the bunch. It’s worth the extra money for its higher resolution playback and snappier navigation speed. If you think you might buy a new 4K TV at some point, check out the Amazon Fire TV 50″ Omni Series, which offers full 4K streaming.
Meanwhile, if you don’t already own an Alexa-enabled smart speaker, the Fire TV Cube is a versatile option since it includes hands-free Alexa support, just like an Echo Dot, in addition to powerful 4K media streaming.
What’s the difference between a Fire TV stick and a Fire TV Cube?
Amazon sells two different kinds of standalone Fire TV streaming devices: Fire TV sticks and the Fire TV Cube. They can pretty much do all the same things and stream the same channels, but the Cube is slightly more powerful.
The Fire TV Cube is Amazon’s top-tier streaming device. This means that it’ll load apps faster and stream in the highest quality (4K UHD). It also comes with an ethernet adapter you can use to connect the Cube to the internet, which is leagues faster than using Wi-Fi.
But while the Cube is powerful, it might not be worth the higher price. If you don’t have a nearby ethernet outlet, the Cube’s ethernet feature won’t mean much. And if all you care about is streaming in 4K, the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max will suit you just fine for almost half the price.
Is Prime Day the best time to buy a Fire TV device?
Prime Day is one of the best times of year to buy a Fire TV Stick, Cube, or TV. Fire TV devices tend to be discounted to all-time low prices during Amazon’s annual sale.
If you miss Prime Day, check back again on Black Friday and Cyber Monday in November. You’ll find great sales popping up then, too.
Check out our other great Prime Day deals
- Spend $50 on Amazon gift cards, get a $12.50 credit
- The best Prime Day Tech deals
- Amazon Music Unlimited Prime Day deal
- The best Prime Day headphones deals