When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
With its large selection of can’t-miss deals, Amazon Prime Day 2022 is the perfect time to buy a mattress online. Prime Day deals are only available for a few more hours, running through tonight at 11:59 p.m. PT, with some deals continuing beyond Prime Day.
We are keeping this guide updated with the latest sales. Purple, Casper, Nectar, and other top retailers also have sales to compete with Amazon’s deals for Prime members. Many discounts continue beyond the end of Prime Day, giving you extra time to choose the bed you want.
We’ve tested more than 60 mattresses and highlight the best ones for every type of sleeper in our mattress buying guide. You can also check out our guides to the best back pain mattresses, best memory foam mattresses, and the best side sleeper mattresses.
Best Prime Day mattress deals
Other mattress sales and deals
Several mattress brands have sales going on right now to compete with Amazon’s savings. Here are all of the discounts available from the top brands, plus several exclusive deals available to Insider readers.
Exclusive mattress sales for Insider readers:
- Casper: Use code INSIDER to save $100 on the Original mattress or $200 on the Nova or Wave mattresses
- Cocoon by Sealy: Use code INSIDER36 for 36% off sitewide
- DreamCloud: Get $200 off a mattress and $399 in free accessories with code INSIDER
- Leesa: Save an additional 20% off Hybrid and Legend mattresses with code INSIDER
- Nectar: Use code INSIDER to save (discount increases with mattress size)
- Tempur-Pedic: Use code BI30 to get 30% off Tempur-Cloud mattresses
The best mattress sales happening right now:
- Airweave: Save $200 off mattresses with code SUM2022
- Amerisleep: $450 off mattresses with code AS450
- Awara: $300 off mattresses + $499 in free accessories
- Big Fig Mattress: $400 off The Big Fig Mattress with code JULY4
- Birch: $400 off mattresses
- Brooklyn Bedding: 25% off sitewide with code PRIME25
- Casper: Save up to $600 on mattresses
- Cocoon by Sealy: 35% off Chill mattresses + free pillows and sheets
- DreamCloud: $200 off mattresses + $599 in free accessories
- Emma: Up to 42% off sitewide
- GhostBed: Up to 50% off adjustable bed bundles
- Helix: Save up to $350 off + two free pillows
- Leesa: Up to $400 off mattresses + two free pillows
- Nectar: $200 off + $499 of accessories with every mattress purchase
- Nest Bedding: 20% off + free luxury bundles
- Nolah: Up to $700 off mattresses + two free pillows
- Saatva: Up to $500 off mattresses
- Sleep Number: Save up to $1,000 on select Sleep Number 360 smart beds
- Tempur-Pedic: $300 in free accessories with code 300FREE
- Tuft & Needle: 15% off mattresses
- Zinus: Up to 40% off select mattresses
Best Prime Day mattress deals FAQs
What’s the best mattress to buy in 2022?
Consider your body size, medical conditions, preferences, and favorite sleep position when choosing a mattress. A firm mattress tends to be best for heavy individuals, back sleepers, people with back pain, and stomach sleepers. Softer mattresses are ideal for petite individuals and side sleepers. You might consider an adjustable air bed if your sleep partner has comfort preferences that are drastically different from yours. We recommend the Sleep Number 360 i8 Smart Bed.
Over the years, we’ve tested more than 60 mattresses and compiled a complete guide to the best mattresses. We’re fans of the Zinus Green Tea Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress if you’re looking for a budget mattress on Amazon. DreamCloud, Tempur-Pedic, and Leesa are other brands we love.
The only way to know that a mattress is right for you is to sleep on it for several nights. Look for a long sleep trial with a full refund if you want to return your mattress. Whether you buy your mattress from Amazon or the brand’s website, most bed-in-a-box retailers provide trials of at least 90 nights.
Where to buy a mattress: online or in-store?
While it’s nice to lie on a mattress before purchasing it, we’ve found that it takes many nights of sleeping on a mattress before you can tell if it’s truly right for you. This is where online retailers have the edge. They deliver the mattress to your door and give you an extended period to try it out. If you don’t like it, they arrange to pick it up and provide a refund.
What mattress deals can I expect during Prime Day?
Zinus, Casper, Tuft & Needle, and Leesa are just some of the popular brands that have historically offered deals on Prime Day. We’ve rounded up the best mattress deals this July if you are looking for even more discounts.
What size mattress should you buy?
Queen, King, and California King mattresses are generally better for couples, while individuals are often fine with Twin, Twin XL, or Full mattresses. A Twin should be enough for a petite individual sleeping alone. Twin XL is better if you’re taller. Consider a Full if you’re a bigger person.
Queen is the most popular mattress size and is good for most couples. Cal King is better for taller sleeping partners. King is ideal for larger couples. If your pets sleep in bed with you, consider a larger mattress.
How much should I spend on a mattress?
Your preferences and comfort should take precedence over price when choosing a mattress. This table gives you an idea of how much you can expect to spend:
|Type of mattress||Budget||Mid-priced||Luxury|
|Foam mattress||$450 or less||From $1,000||From $1,300|
|Innerspring mattress||$600 or less||From $1,000||From $1,200|
|Hybrid mattress||$1,100 or less||From $1,500||From $2,200|
|Latex mattress||$1,200 or less||From $2,000||From $2,500|
We’ve rigorously tested dozens of mattresses, and our favorite is the DreamCloud Premier Hybrid Mattress, costing $1,400. Yet, the budget Zinus memory foam mattress is often under $400 on Amazon.
When you purchase a mattress, we’ve found that you usually get what you pay for. For instance, pricier mattresses tend to offer zoned support that keeps your spine aligned while you sleep.
You’re going to be spending a third of your life for the next decade or more on your mattress. Averaged out over the life of your mattress, a few extra cents per night is worth it to sleep soundly and comfortably.
Other Amazon Prime Day 2022 FAQs
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day 2022 begins Tuesday, July 12 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Wednesday, July 13. During this time, Target (now through July 13) and Walmart also hold sales events. Throughout Prime Day, we are busy keeping track of deals across the web.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Everything from espresso makers to air purifiers is discounted during Amazon’s annual Prime Day sales event. Originally just a one-day event, Prime Day has grown into a 48-hour extravaganza with different discounts going live throughout the two days, so be sure to check back often to see the hottest deals.
Do I have to be a Prime Member?
If you want to take advantage of the Prime Day deals, you must be a Prime member. However, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial to shop the sales without committing to a full membership. Don’t miss out: Sign up below.
Check out our other great Prime Day deals
- The best early Prime Day deals
- The best Prime Day competing sales deals
- The best Prime Day kitchen deals