Fourth of July sales are here: Save big on appliances, outdoor gear, and more.
When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Happy Independence Day, everyone! We hope you’re enjoying the weekend. If you find yourself scrolling for a hot deal ahead of Prime Day (which is coming up on July 12 and 13), you’ve come to the right place.
Right now, you can find big discounts on air conditioners, apparel, mattresses, beach gear, and outdoor gear during the 4th of July. Of course, those aren’t the only things getting discounted. Below, you’ll find our guide to the best sales and deals in every category happening across the internet, plus answers to frequently asked questions.
The best 4th of July deals: Editor’s picksBig-box retailer sales
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Get up to 50% off sale and clearance.
- Best Buy: Save on appliances during the Fourth of July Appliance Sale through July 13.
- The Home Depot: Save during The Home Depot’s Summer Savings event.
- JCPenney: Get up to 70% off doorbusters through July 4.
- Lowe’s: Save on tools, grills, decor, and more during the July Fourth Values sale.
- Macy’s: Get up to an extra 20% off select sale items with the promo code FOURTH and $5 Same-Day Delivery until July 4.
- Overstock: Get up to 70% off thousands of items.
- Target: Save on home goods, summer gear, apparel, and water bottles.
- Walmart: Save big on summer picks including grills, kids’ toys, and coolers.
- Wayfair: Get up to 60% off during the Fourth of July Clearance sale.
Mattress and bedding deals
- Allswell: Get 25% off mattresses with promo code FIREWORKS25 through July 4.
- Amerisleep: $450 off mattresses with promo code AS450.
- Bear Mattress: Get 30% off sitewide plus a free accessories.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Get 25% off sitewide through July 4.
- Buffy: Save 15% sitewide.
- Casper: Get up to $600 off mattresses and up to 50% off on everything else.
- Eight Sleep: Get $200 off the Pod Pro.
- Gravity Blankets: Save on pillows, accessories, and more all summer.
- Helix: Get $150 off your purchase of $600+ with the promo code 4JULYWKND150. Get $200 off your purchase of $1,250+ with the promo code 4JULYWKND20o. Get $250 off your purchase of $1,70o+ with the promo code 4JULYWKND250.
- Leesa: Get 20% off bundles and up to $200 off mattresses during the Early Access Fourth of July sale.
- Purple: Get up to $200 off on select mattresses.
- Saatva: Up to $450 off through July 4.
- Tuft and Needle: Get up to 15% off mattresses.
Kitchen and furniture sales
- Aerogarden: 30% off Fourth of July Celebration.
- Apt2B: G5% off sitewide.
- Burrow: Take up to $1000 off with code USA22
- The Company Store: Get up to 30% off with code JULY4
- Houzz: Sitewide Fourth of July sale.
- Nutribullet: Get 20% off juicers with promo code JUICE through July 4.
- Samsung: Save with special offers on appliances through July 4.
- Society6: Get up to 40% off everything during the Fourth of July sale.
- Sodastream: Get up to 25% off sparkling water devices.
- Sur La Table: Get 20% off your order with promo code JULY.
- Thermoworks: Save on the Thermapen, Wand, and more with Thermoworks’ Holiday Specials.
- West Elm: Get up to 70% off during the Warehouse Sale.
Clothing and beauty sales
- Abercrombie and Fitch: Get 25% off everything.
- Asics: Get up to 60% off during the Semi-Annual Sale.
- Clarks: Get up to 60% off select styles.
- Cole Haan: Save 50% off with code FOURTH.
- GlassesUSA: Get 60% plus free shipping.
- Hanna Andersson: Get up to 60% off.
- J.Crew: Get up to 75% off original prices with promo code GOFOURTH.
- Kate Spade: Get an extra 40% off sale styles with promo code EXTRA40 through July 4.
- Kendra Scott: Get 20% off through July 5.
- Levi’s: Get an extra 50% off sale styles through July 11.
- Lucky Brand: Get up to 50% off.
- M.Gemi: Get up to 70% off hundreds of styles through July 5.
- Old Navy: Get up to 60% off storewide.
- Proof: Save 20% off all products through July 5 (excludes bundles and gift cards) with the promo code FOURTH.
- Reebok: Take 30% off sitewide with code JULY4.
- Richer Poorer: Up to 70% off.
- Sephora: Get up to 50% off during the Summer Sale plus free shipping with promo code FREESHIP.
- Sorel: Get up to 40% off select styles through July 4.
- Taylor Stitch: Take up tgo 30% off sitewide.
- Urban Outfitters: Save on apparel, furniture, and more.
Outdoor and fitness deals
- Backcountry: Get up to 50% off gear, apparel, and accessories.
- Biolite: Get 20% off sitewide.
- Body Glove: Get up to 25% off select gear and apparel with promo code JULY25.
- Carbon38: Get up to 25% off.
- Eddie Bauer: Get 50% off select styles.
- Prana: Get up to 30% off select styles.
- REI: Get up to 30% off outdoor gear and equipment.
Tech and entertainment deals
Phil Barker/Getty Images
- Adorama: Save on tech, photography gear, and smart devices through July 5.
- eBay: Save on headphones, accessories, and more.
- Newegg: Get up to 55% off during the Independence Day sale.
- Samsung: Save on laptops and tablets with limited-time offers.
Frequently asked questions
When is Independence Day?
Independence Day celebrates the signing of the Declaration of Independence in the US. This year, the 4th of July lands on Sunday but many will observe the holiday with a day off tomorrow on Monday, July 5.
Americans typically spend the long weekend with fireworks, grilling, and travel.
What items are on sale during the Fourth of July?
The 4th of July often brings discounts on appliances, grills, beach gear, outdoor furniture, and apparel. A good rule of thumb: If a product is associated with summer, it’ll likely see a discount during Independence Day weekend.
So if you’re in the market for a new air conditioner, patio set, or a pair of sunglasses, pay attention to Fourth of July sales.
Are Fourth of July sales worth shopping?
Though you won’t find the same lows we saw during Amazon Prime Day, retailers big and small turn up to offer discounts for the 4th of July.
We often see site-wide sales from tons of apparel brands during the 4th of July. While the discounts are rarely better than holidays like Black Friday or Cyber Monday, there are more chances to save a little on a lot of products.
How long do 4th of July sales last?
The 4th of July sales began almost immediately after Amazon Prime Day this year, and we’re seeing tons of discounts on everything from apparel to tech.
For the most part, retailers have discounts through July 4, but some are extending their holiday sales until July 5. A select few are holding out even longer than that.
What items should I skip buying this 4th of July?
Tech items, like laptops, tablets, and smart home speakers, saw much better prices during Amazon Prime Day compared to sales happening now. These items are also likely to see better prices in the coming months for back-to-school shopping, and during Black Friday and Cyber Monday in November.