LinkedIn is in the process of rolling out a native dark mode.
Edward Smith/Getty Images
- LinkedIn’s dark mode can be enabled on its website or mobile app.
- You can turn on dark mode in the app by opening Settings from the account icon and then going to the Display section.
- In a web browser, enable dark mode from the “Me” menu by choosing Settings & Privacy, then Account preferences.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
While it’s possible to enable dark mode for certain web browsers including Chrome and Safari, you might prefer to use a darker palette just for certain apps and websites. LinkedIn has its own dark mode that you can enable on the mobile app and in a browser.
LinkedIn is rolling out dark mode support slowly, so if you don’t see the option, check back soon because it might not have been deployed to your account or region yet. You might have the option to enable dark mode in the mobile app but not in a web browser, or vice versa.
How to turn on LinkedIn’s dark mode in the mobile app
1. Start the LinkedIn app on your mobile device.
2. Tap your account icon at the top of the screen and then tap Settings.
3. Tap Account preferences.
4. In the Display section, tap Dark mode.
Look for the Dark Mode option in Account preferences.
5. Tap Dark mode.
If you want the app to use dark or light mode based on your device’s dark mode settings, tap Device settings instead.
How to turn on LinkedIn’s dark mode in a web browser
1. Open the LinkedIn website in a browser.
2. At the top of the page, click Me and then click Settings & Privacy.
3. In the pane on the left, click Account preferences.
4. In the Display section, find Dark mode and then click Change.
5. Click Dark mode.